– 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
– 3 cups milk
– 1/4 cup flour
– 1 teaspoon garlic salt or more to taste
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning or more to taste
– 2 (9-10 oz.) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain
– 1 pound ricotta
– 2 cups shredded mozzarella
– 1/4 – 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Cook lasagna noodles to desired doneness. Drain and rinse with water. Heat oven to 350F. In a bowl combine milk, butter, flour and spices, blend well. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. (I find it easier to use a double boiler to make the sauce.) Reserve 3/4 cup for top layer of lasagna. Stir spinach into the remaining sauce.
In a bowl, combine ricotta and mozzarella. Spread 1/2 cup of spinach sauce in the bottom of a 13X9 inch (3 quart) baking dish. Top with 3 lasagna noodles, half of the cheese mixture and half of the remaining spinach sauce, repeat layers. Top with the last 3 noodles and reserved 3/4 cup of sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan or Romano cheese.
Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes for easier serving. Serves 4-6.